October 16- 31, 2021
Downtown Glen Ellyn
Follow the Rows and Rows of Scarecrows lined up in Downtown Glen Ellyn at this FREE family-friendly and socially distant outside event starting Saturday, October 16 through Halloween on Saturday, October 31. While choosing your favorite scarecrow, explore unique one-of-a-kind storefronts with their autumn decorated windows and dine the fall menus at our vibrant restaurants.
Vote for your favorite scarecrow created by scout troops, community members, local businesses, and non-profits. Voting will take place from our facebook page awarding the top scarecrows accolades for a job well done. Scarecrow Row Maps are available on-line so not to miss one of these unique and homemade scarecrows.
Scarecrow Rows is located in quaint downtown Glen Ellyn and easily accessible via the Metra or highway. Free parking is available at both downtown parking structures and flat lots. Use the map as a resource in helping locate convenient parking in the downtown.
SHOP & DINE IN GLEN ELLYN & HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
And the Winners Are...
Thank you to everyone who voted! These scarecrows received the most likes on Facebook. Rows and rows of over 75 scarecrows are lined up in downtown Glen Ellyn.
- Winner: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Created By: Glen Ellyn Public Library
- 2nd Place: Dolphina Created By: Girl Scout Troop 56020
- 3rd Place: Melody the Barbershop Created By: The Village Vocal Chords of Harmony
- Honorable Mention: Dorothy Created By: Glen Ellyn Public Library Foundation
- Honorable Mention: Oscar the Reformed Recycler Created By: Girl Scout Troop #55117 & www.GoGreenGlenEllyn.org
- Honorable Mention: Athena (Goddess of Justice) Created by: League of Women Voters of Glen Ellyn
Scouts, Non-Profits & Businesses
Building a Scarecrow Timeline
- Nov 1- 4: Scarecrow Teardown
- All scarecrows must be removed from their light pole by November 4.
- Do not dispose your scarecrow in public trash bins.
- Nov 1-5: Return Scarecrow Frame
- Return only the scarecrow frame to the Chamber Office (810 N. Main Street) November 1 – November 5 between 9am – 3pm. There will be a large green trash bin to place your frame and a sign out sheet.
Halloween Festival, Parade & Troop Window Painting
For more information visit